This is a way to upload a book to a PocketBook e-book from a computer. Also suitable for devices of any model and any manufacturer.
Advantage: universality, because there is a USB connector in every book and every computer or laptop (and on some smartphones too).
Included with the e-book is a USB cable. It is required to connect to a computer. Thanks to the drivers and cable, the electronic book is perceived by the device as a flash drive. Open it and you will see folders: with music, pictures and documents. Follow these steps:
- find a folder called documents, books or other similar,
- download the desired book in the appropriate format to your computer,
- copy or move the book file to the appropriate folder,
- Click Safely Remove Hardware,
- disconnect the cable.
Method 2. Use Network Libraries
Network Libraries (ODPS Directories) is another way to download a book to an e-book. A relatively new technology is an electronic variation of libraries: network libraries, like regular libraries, are located at addresses and have directories.
Advantage: convenient search (thanks to directories).
ODPS can only be used through applications that support their format. Some e-books, such as ONYX, have built-in applications. They need to be uploaded to others (for example, through a computer).
Applications for network libraries:
- FBReader and several others.
To access ODPS directories, you need the Internet, so turn on Wi-Fi, and then follow these steps:
- run the application.
- go to the menu (in OReader it opens with a button in the center).
- Select "Open Book."
- select "Network Libraries" from the list that appears. Some applications will already have several directories. If they are not, or if you want to add your catalog, select "Add Catalog". In the window that opens, enter the address of the library in the corresponding field. The ODPS directory lists of most popular book reader services are publicly available on the Internet.
- select a directory or open the added one.
- Search by genre, author, or book title.
- select a book and click on it - downloading will start automatically.
Method 3. Use a memory card
This method, how to upload a book to an e-book (PocketBook, Kindle, Nook, etc.), is used if the device supports SD cards. The idea is the same as in the first method - to copy or move the file to the book's memory. The difference is that with USB the file was copied to the internal memory, and with SD - to the external.
Benefits: no USB cable needed, no drivers needed, it is possible to insert different memory cards into the device and read files from cards on different devices (for example, on a tablet or smartphone).
Disadvantage: computers (not laptops!) do not have a built-in microSD card reader.
To upload, do the following:
- remove the SD card from the book (it is recommended to turn off the gadget first),
- insert the card into the appropriate slot,
- wait until the card appears in the list of devices,
- open the map, select or create a folder for books,
- copy or move the previously downloaded book file to the folder,
- remove the SD card from the laptop and place it in the e-book.
You can also move the file to the memory card using the USB cable - the SD (external memory) folder will be displayed next to the gadget's internal memory folder.