Refusing drugs may seem undesirable and even scary, but if a person decides to do this, we will support and help him. Our Narconon-Standard center provides a unique and comprehensive program that helps to cope with all aspects of addiction that interfere with a person's path to freedom from drugs.
To begin, let's look at the usual methods of treatment and rehabilitation:
- Methods using psychotropic drugs, sedatives, antidepressants, anesthesia and similar drugs. Probably, in every person there is hope for a “magic pill”, which will help get rid of pain and suffering. But there are no such pills. These drugs are drugs (addictive, have side effects, cause consequences when canceled, etc.). You can not fight drug addiction with other drugs.
- Forced methods. Whatever the situation, it is best to just continue to communicate with the drug addict so that he wants to give up drugs, and then look for how to do it.
- Suggestion, hypnosis, coding (shock therapy), hemming and other intimidation tactics. None of this gives consistent results. A drug for an addicted person is the only way to improve their condition and life. This is not a whim. The addict simply does not know how he will live without a dose. His condition, if he does not use it, even if he has overcome withdrawal, is just awful. Depression, depression and heaviness in the soul - such is its reality. Drugs are the only way to make existence bearable. Pleasure is the natural desire of man. Any gross impact to deprive a person of the path to pleasure will lead him to an even more harmful state, to apathy, indifference to everything that is like death or the state of a vegetable.
- Psychology and psychotherapy. Is it possible to quit drugs, adapting and learning to live with my problem and the need to regularly struggle with the desire for a dose? We in Narconon do not agree that a drug addict is a sentence. However, groups of anonymous drug addicts and conversations with psychologists do not help to become free, because this contradicts the basics of psychology about the need to adapt to life circumstances. Thanks to the Narconon program, a person protests his abilities, reveals his potential, gains knowledge and skills to cope with problems, build his life, and not adapt to existing circumstances. And our performance - 75% of people really stop using drugs forever!
- Religion, occupational therapy, programs in which healthy habits are instilled in a person. Their value is limited, as these programs do not cope with all aspects of drug addiction. In any case, these programs are better than those where any drugs are used (antidepressants, psychotropic and others)
A very important point is the desire of the person himself. If your loved one who smokes marijuana or uses heroin says “I want to quit drugs” - help him do this by finding a good rehabilitation center.
Our answer to the question of how to deal with drug addiction is a comprehensive rehabilitation that reveals potential, gives a person abilities, knowledge and skills, so as not to avoid looking into the face of life and running away from problems, but to cope with life. You cannot be happy running away from life and its problems.
To cope with breaking, you need to learn to distinguish between its approach. The first symptoms appear within 7-15 hours from the moment of the last dose. The following psychological symptoms signal the onset of withdrawal:
- a sharp change in activity to a passive state,
- uncontrolled emotions
- paranoid tendencies.
There is a lot of sweating. The patient throws it in the heat, then in the cold. Strong chills may begin. Pupils stop reacting light within an hour. At this stage, you need to seek medical help, because subsequent manifestations of withdrawal often provoke a person to use a drug in order to ease his suffering.
Effect on the heart and blood vessels
As you know, the system provides blood circulation throughout the body. In the blood are all the substances necessary for cells, and most importantly - oxygen. The effect of drugs on the heart is the depletion and degeneration of its muscles.
As a result, the pumping function of this key organ of the system is disrupted, which entails hypoxia (oxygen starvation) of the body's cells, first at the micro, and then at the macro level.
As for activating all processes in the body, only the first time their negative impact does not make itself felt. Subsequently, a systematic intake inevitably causes first arrhythmia, tachycardia and other heart diseases, and then insufficiency, heart attacks and strokes.
Nervous system after drugs
Drug use always affects the nervous system. Some narcotic compounds directly affect the brain, some indirectly, but you need to understand that the nervous system always suffers after drugs!
A person who has been using even the most “light” drugs for a long time is changing markedly. Such people are characterized by instability of the psyche, emotional lability, a pronounced violation of concentration of attention, memory, and depression. aggression, zealous denial of the presence of problems with drugs, others - lack of initiative, apathy, indifference, suicidal thoughts.
It is important to note that addiction, dependence (physical and / or psychological) occurs when using any drug! Yes, from them it is not immediately, from others - after the first dose, but the fact remains.
When using intranasal forms of drugs (through the nose) or smoking mixtures (for example, marijuana), the respiratory organs are the first to take the blow. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, oncological diseases of the respiratory tract, pulmonary insufficiency ... The risks of developing these diseases, even among smokers of regular cigarettes, are much lower than when using marijuana.
If we talk about heroin and other drugs in the form of powders for inhalation, then here the blow to the respiratory system is even greater. Atrophy of the mucous membrane, hyperemia (redness) of the skin in the nose, disturbances in the sense of smell up to its loss - all this is only a small part of the effects of inhalation of narcotic powders.
The digestive system of drug addicts suffers not only in case of drug use by mouth (for example, “hemp porridge”). Its normal functioning is also disturbed when taking any other forms.
Most drugs suppress hunger and reduce appetite. Due to the excitation of the nervous system, it seems to a person that everything is fine with his condition, but the effect on the digestive system does not disappear, and signs of exhaustion of the body will not take long.
After some time, drug addicts can not eat normally. When trying to eat, nausea and vomiting occur, dyspeptic disorders and other numerous diseases are observed.
Drugs and the reproductive system: what is the result?
Most drugs reduce libido, leading to impotence in men and frigidity in women. Some compounds, on the contrary, increase sexual desire, but this happens only in the first stages of a dose. Subsequently, women lose the ability to conceive a child.
Drugs and a healthy reproductive system are incompatible concepts. And what is the result? But in the end, only disappointing forecasts ...
You can talk about the effects of drugs on the health of a pregnant woman and her fetus for a very long time. Any of them can cause severe congenital malformations and intrauterine death. A woman who uses drugs physically, psychologically and physiologically cannot bear a healthy child.
In conclusion, it remains only to emphasize that with the use of drugs, the personality decays in all senses of the word. Literally before our eyes, drug addicts lose their face, become “strangers”, suffer from numerous diseases, not to mention the likelihood of contracting hepatitis and HIV.
The choice is up to each of you, but before agreeing to “fall into another reality”, remember the risks.
Removal of Abstinence
Removing the withdrawal that a person experiences for the first time is possible only with the help of medications.
Do not prescribe medications yourself, this can lead to more serious complications.
You can get rid of breaking by using one of the following measures:
- alcohol instead of drugs
Sleeping pills give a short-term effect, therefore, with self-treatment, the addict, in an attempt to prolong sleep, so as not to feel pain, tries to take a large amount of the drug immediately. Taking psychostimulants is nothing more than replacing one drug with another. Some patients try to replace hallucinogens with alcohol. But, he, like all the above methods, is ineffective and removes the desire to take a dose only for a while. Such an alternative implies the patient is constantly intoxicated, which leads to another addiction - alcoholism.
Not everyone wants to go to drug centers, so people often try to relieve withdrawal at home. Before deciding to remove withdrawal symptoms on your own, you need to understand that most drugs are sold only by prescription, and they won’t be able to get them, and also that a person experiencing withdrawal should be constantly monitored. When the removal of the toxin from the body begins, vomiting and severe diarrhea appear, which greatly weakens the person. Then comes the phase of pain, which is almost impossible to endure. At each phase of withdrawal, the patient’s mental well-being worsens, some organs may fail, so think carefully before you start self-treatment.
Patients who have already experienced withdrawal symptoms are fully confident that every little thing is important in treatment, because they themselves know exactly what to do with breaking.
- All ties with drug addicts should be cut off, you can even disappear from the city for a while or even move. Memories of “high” can cause any associations (perfume, the situation in the apartment, clothes), so try to get as prepared as possible. A few days it is advisable not to go anywhere.
- When the active phase of elimination of the toxin begins, in order to avoid dehydration, you need to take "Rehydron". Try to help a person relax. Make a bath with salt. A contrast shower in the morning will help tone the body. Give the patient plenty of fluids: plain water, rosehip tea, green tea.
- The gastrointestinal tract can be improved by taking "Riabal" - it will relieve pain, - activated charcoal or "Enterosgel" - will help to remove toxin faster, - "Mezima" or "Pancreasma" - will speed up food processing. Detoxification will greatly stimulate the appetite, but you can not immediately attack the food. Try to limit yourself in the early days of dairy products. Some sleeping pills are sold over the counter. They should be issued clearly according to the instructions. Help the addict cope with psychological breakdown. Try to find an activity that will distract him from bad thoughts. Doctors strongly recommend using various methods of meditation, looking for a way of relaxation that will not use synthetic drugs for this.
It is important to remember that self-treatment of withdrawal symptoms of drug addiction is possible only with the abandonment of light types of drugs, the rejection of the methadone group of psychotropics requires long-term treatment in a hospital setting. Narcology calls methadone addiction the worst. After withdrawal from this type of drug, withdrawal symptoms last for 2-3 months, and are accompanied by infernal pains, which often cause suicide, breakdown or failure of some systems. In this condition, the patient should only be under the supervision of a doctor.
Only qualified employees of the drug center can help the patient with drug withdrawal from methadone and other powerful drugs: heroin, opiates. At the first consultation, the condition of the patient is determined. A survey of relatives, the patient himself, his examination, taking tests is carried out.
In stationary conditions, treatment with withdrawal drugs is carried out in conjunction with psychological training. To eliminate severe pain, tranquilizers are used. These are powerful drugs that have a relaxing effect on the muscular system, relieve pain, cramps, and have a strong hypnotic effect. Depending on the intensity of the action after the tranquilizer, a person can oversleep from 12 hours to several days.
Antidepressants are prescribed with great caution, because they are addictive with prolonged use. Amino acid drugs are prescribed to stimulate the work of the brain centers, improve sleep quality, increase the tone of the whole body. In the most extreme cases, psychotropics are prescribed. They are indicated if the drug provoked a mental disorder: schizophrenia, manic-depressive disorder.
The main goal of inpatient treatment at first is detoxification. It is carried out in three ways.
- Physical - removal of the toxin occurs through mechanical methods: washing the stomach, skin, mucous membranes, hemodialysis, blood purification by absorption of various fluids.
- Biological - the introduction of vaccines or biological sera.
- Chemical - neutralization of toxins by oxidation is carried out through the introduction of an antidote. The procedure is carried out at the very beginning of treatment.
In addition to the procedures themselves, they use drugs that help to actively absorb toxins, remove them and increase the body's overall resistance. Activated charcoal helps to quickly cleanse the body, but along with it it leaches calcium and other beneficial substances. It will take a rather long time, therefore, to maintain the normal functionality of the body, vitamin complexes are prescribed in the composition with vitamins C and group B. Acute vomiting and diarrhea are removed with Detox.
Fully toxin will be removed from the body in 21 days. After this, it is important to continue psychotherapy.
In addition to the brain, psychotropic drugs affect other organ systems. Often drug addicts have cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis of all kinds. The condition of the organs will determine the entire clinical picture of withdrawal.
With drug intoxication, regeneration of liver cells occurs with a predominance of the fibroplastic process. To get rid of withdrawal, they use drugs that will help restore the body and protect it from the negative effects of excreted substances.
- Naloxone is a specific antagonist.
- "Cordamine", Caffeine-sodium benzoate, Sulfocamphocaine - psychostimulants.
- Hormones - Prednisolone, Dexamethasone.
- Inhibitors - "Contrikal", "Gordoks".
- Hepatoprotectors - Essentiale, Heptral.
Possibility of relapse
To survive breaking is half the battle, then it is important to prevent a breakdown. Usually, those who have experienced abstinence no longer want a repetition, therefore they either continue to use the drug regularly, avoiding passes, or they completely refuse them. But the psychological factor is quite difficult to eliminate, so working with a therapist at all stages of treatment is so important.
It is necessary to keep the secret of the patient to the maximum. So it will be easier to start a new life. The ideal option is moving to another city, changing the type of activity. A person must undergo social adaptation and get used to solve his problems without the use of psychotropic substances that help him to relax and enjoy. The person in the sessions learns to enjoy completely different things and put the experience into practice in real life.
With the refusal of drugs, one of the worst moments is the appearance of withdrawal symptoms. At this time, the most important thing is to ease breaking. If this is not done, the person will break loose or may die. But removing a drug addict’s withdrawal at home, without first consulting a doctor, is a risky business. Today, there are many drug centers that provide home treatment. If a person is dear to you, it is better to consult a specialist.